To enable platform installation works on the shared path for essential maintenance work on the Heidelberg Road Bridge, Merri Creek Trail between Heidelberg Road and Walker Street in Northcote will be closed on Tuesday 17 July to Wednesday 18 July and on Thursday 2 August to Friday 3 August 2012, between 8am to 4pm.

During this time all pedestrians and cyclists travelling towards St Georges Road will be diverted along Heidelberg Road Bridge, from Cunningham Street to Walker Street.

Please refer to the detour map attached. MeriCreekTrailClosure_B%20%282%29.pdf

For more information, please contact Nusrat Islam on 93131366 or at Nusrat.Islam@roads.vic.gov.au

Views: 284

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the heads up Mark; I dream about an eventual uninterrupted Yarra/Merri Creek run all the way to Brunswick this year, but them's the breaks!

- For everyone's interest, Merri Creek track work near Sumner Park/Phillips Reserve (work on the steep wooden walkway) I think has concluded (from what I briefly saw during the Melburn Roobaix).

- Obviously the Blyth Street underpass upgrade on Merri Creek is still ongoing

When is Yarra going to negotiate with Melbourne Water and Parks, and whoever else and actually fix the incline just south past the Heidelberg Rd bridge, Merri trail,  that kids have to push their bikes up every day and which makes the path inaccessible to the disabled?  There are vague statements in every bike plan coming from Yarra, but no action in the 8 years I have been mentioning it. Here is the full view from the locals.

http://www.crapcyclelanesofmelbourne.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/locati...

Hopeless. One citizen with a jack hammer, ute, small cement mixer and grader, and some helpers from the local primary school could regrade the top of the slope in a day and put an end to decades of misery. In fact, maybe we will....quicker than the Council...we could even have a whip round and come up with a few thousand if the Council budget is short...

Feel free to contact me directly if you're interested in solving the problem.

Mike it appears on 11 Jan 2013 an individual lost control going down this slope and ended up at the rocks at the bottom, breaking their arm. I don't control Council budgets, don't live in Yarra, and can't negotiate with the water authorities either. Yarra Council can.

see  http://www.crapcyclelanesofmelbourne.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/locati...

for the comment posted.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service