Hi, I am normally a member of sister site Brisbane Cyclist but I will be in Melbourne for a week in October. I'm staying in Prahran for the duration and was looking for recommendations of bike shops that hire road bikes. I've contacted the Melbourne Bike Centre in Prahran but they have told me that they will have road bikes to hire from September which cuts things a little close for me if they have a delay. Can anyone here recommend a decent bike shop to hire a road bike from?

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Humble Vintage hires bikes.

http://thehumblevintage.com/rentals/bikes-melbourne/

They are both humble and vintage, but I think long-term pricing is decent.

Bike Now in South Melbourne hires both road & mountain bikes. We had a visitor from the states a couple of years ago & she rented a decent road bike from them for 3 weeks. I think it was a Kona, had STI, Mavic wheels & compact double on it. Was in good nick no issues with it at all. They even changed the brake cables over to the Continental/US orientation for her.

Thanks for that. I wouldn't mind trying the Roubaix or Tarmac as they're bike I don't mind the look of when I see them out riding up here in Brisbane. This might be my chance to give one a test ride.

http://www.10bikes.com.au/

Renting a road bike in Melbourne just got easy

Travelling interstate or international to Melbourne and want to keep up your training schedule or take in the best road cycling that Australia has to offer?
10Bikes offers experienced cyclists who travel to Melbourne a quality ‘ride’ delivered to them, set up and ready to go. It’s short term bike rental made easy.

Quality rental road bikes delivered to your hotel room

If you’re in Melbourne for work or pleasure, there’s no reason to get behind with your training schedule. And taking your bike interstate, or even internationally, just isn’t as fun as it sounds.

We currently stock the Giant TCR Advanced 1, fitted with Ultegra components and customisable to your specs.

RSS

Community Ads

© 2017   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service