General Discussion (668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

helmets ...

Until mandatory helmet legislation is reviewed or removed, it is illegal to ride a bike without a helmet. I find the quickest way to pass…

Started by Alex 4.0

7 Jul 2, 2009
Reply by Victor

Pothole Crash

I fell off last night cos of a pothole. Was heading back from work and was on the last straight home. Was dark but had some good lights on.…

Started by Simon Jackson

6 Jun 30, 2009
Reply by Victor

Connex jumps the shark

Read on. Connex off rails in bid for bicycle scheme. June 21, 2009 It's tenure as Melbourne's rail operator has been marked by controver…

Started by ChrisS

9 Jun 24, 2009
Reply by RobE

Flip a coin to plan your Thursday night (18 June)

This coming Thursday evening there's a plethora of cycling-themed activities, at Readings in Hawthorn there's a book launch of "Custom Bik…

Started by ChrisS

4 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by ChrisS

Public bicycle scheme costs + CommonBike forum

The Sunday Age just couldn't help themselves from wheeling out this witty headline, see below. Are cyclists being taken for a ride?. June…

Started by ChrisS

0 Jun 14, 2009

Close Collins Street

Given the forthcoming introduction of the free bike scheme to Melbourne what better signal to the community and the world, would there be t…

Started by Rory Ross

1 Jun 13, 2009
Reply by Cory

Penal Tour de France

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8082354.stm Cycling is given as a fix for depression, poor health and many other things. Maybe it's a fi…

Started by GeeBee

1 Jun 7, 2009
Reply by fxh

Plate Reporting

So! I had an incident yesterday. I was going down Flinders Lane when this guy in a Hilux/ute type thing just flung out his door. I managed…

Started by The Wrat

3 Jun 1, 2009
Reply by AlexZ

Donating a used bike to charity - any suggestions

A friend has a working bike, nothing special, and would like to donate it to a charity as he has upgraded to a new steed. I suggested East…

Started by skillsy

7 May 27, 2009
Reply by stuart bradbury

Touring Bike: bringing from Europe, or buy second hand in Au

At home in the Netherlands I have a nice touring bike. I am planning to work in Melboure for 12 months, and I am debating whether to bring…

Started by Erix

1 May 22, 2009
Reply by RobE

RSS

Community Ads

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by DamianM.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service