Cycling in Melbourne Australia
Have you ever wanted to test yourself to the limit without the pressure of being in a competiton? Or do you simply wish to go for a scenic casual cycle with fellow freinds and like minded people? If these options appeal to you then the Tweed Daily New Grand Fondo Social Ride is for you!
THE VELO BATTLE ON THE
Includes two major Events
1. Tour De Tweed – Four Stage Competitive Tour
• Location varies (29th of April - 2nd of May)
2. Tweed Daily New Grand Fondo Social Rides
• Location: Salt Park, Bells Bvd, Kingscliff NSW (1st of May)
Tweed Daily News Grand Fondo Social Rides
Three distances, you choose
• Piccolo Fondo (57km) (13 years and over)
• Fondo (136km) (16 years and up)
• Gran Fondo (177km) (16 years and up)
Piccolo Fondo = 57km start 11:00am
The Piccolo ride is a great personal challenge for those who like to get out on a bike, but not necessarily all year round. This will prove a great goal setter event and you will be surprised how far you really can ride when surrounded by like minded people. It is a bit of fun!
Fondo = 136km start 7:40am
Time to step up the intensity and really explore the terrain of the Tweed. This ride will take you down the Tweed Coast and through the tranquil villages of Stokers, Tyalgum, Chillingham, Finishing this gives you definite bragging rights!
Gran Fondo = 177km start 7:00am
This is the ultimate challenge for the cycling enthusiast. You set the pace as the bunch ride up the mountains, down the valley, along the coast line, visiting all the unique communities along the way. This is the king of the mountain, ride of rides!
• All abilities and social class riders
• Non-competitive ride with no placing or prize money awarded
• Riders must abide by road rules at all time. No police and traffic controllers are required for this reason. However, throughout the course Marshalls will be placed and all rides will have a lead car and sag wagon
• Aid stations are situated throughout the course
(NOTE: All participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian present)
• Great way to meet new people
• All social rides are timed, so that participants are able to test themselves and see their results
• The ride starts at Salt Park Bells Bvd, goes through the unique villages of the tweed and back
• Free BBQ for all participants after the ride
• All participants receive a free t-shirt
• One of the most scenic rides you would of ever ridden
Click on the link below to the QSM sports official website for more information