Cycling in Melbourne Australia
The 2009 Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards will be presented in Canberra during 2010 at a national ceremony.
The Cycling Promotion Fund, an initiative of Bicycle Industries Australia Ltd, believes that recognising innovation and commitment is vital in maintaining momentum and sustaining action around Australia.
To achieve this it established the Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards in 2002. Since their inception, the range and quality of nominations has increased considerably illustrating the excellent initiatives being undertaken around Australia that are shaping the future of bicycling.
Make a nomination
- Visit the Cycling Awards website
Objectives of the Awards
- To recognise innovation, commitment and contribution towards promoting and encouraging cycling
- To lift awareness and the profile of innovative programs that are effective in increasing cycling
- To share best practice examples to encourage innovation
- To celebrate achievements and sustain momentum
Benefits of Nominating
- Enhance the profile and reputation of your organisation, business or program
- Gain support to maintain and expand the program, action or commitment
- Gain recognition for achievements in the public domain, with peers and funding bodies
- All winners and recipients of honourable mentions will receive a trophy.
2009 Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards Categories
- Cycling Promotion Award of the Year
— Professional category
— Honorary category
- Special Achievement Award by a Bicycle Organisation
- Local Government Award for Initiative to Encourage and Promote Cycling
- Award for Educational Institution for Innovation in Encouraging Cycling to School
- Award for Bicycle Friendly Business
- Award for Contribution towards Cycling by a Politician
- Award for Contribution towards Cycling by a Bicycle Retailer
Nominations close 12 April 2010